Legacy Audio V + Wavelet DAC/Preamp/Crossover
The Legacy V is the first system to use the new dual 4” long Legacy AMT neodymium tweeters, arranged in a specially optimized post convergent array that masterfully presents treble which extends up to 30kHz. Building upon the advances first developed for the award winning AERIS speaker system, V features open air dual 14” carbon/pulp drivers delivering detailed and spacious midrange and bass.
Legacy Chief Designer Bill Dudleston utilized a 12” aluminum bass driver with a massive magnetic structure complemented by another 12” aluminum very low frequency radiator which drives three 10” mass loaded pneumatic radiators. The result? Unprecedented excursion at the longest wavelengths with superior dynamic response. The V speaker system even shapes low frequencies into a cardioid pattern to avoid room coloration. The low frequencies are amplified by the included 1,500 Watts of the latest generation of ICEpower® amplification.
The system is the first to include the Legacy Wavelet Processor. Wavelet is a preamp, a four-way crossover with time alignment, complete speaker and room resonance correction, and a high-end DAC with apodizing ability. The Preamp and DAC can also be bypassed at the touch of a button. Wavelet debuts the revolutionary Bohmer acoustic processing to optimize the loudspeaker/room acoustic transfer function in both the frequency and time domains. Working with new algorithms it starts with a psychoacoustically based measurement method with the provided calibrated microphone. Alignments are then individually optimized within an unprecedented 40ms window by way of a wireless iPad, smart phone or computer. The result is audibly improved transient response that allows the V system to operate accurately and consistently in any listening environment. More information on the Wavelet is available, here.
The V system’s ultra high end performance capabilities are only matched by its design. The intricately crafted cabinet features optional high gloss, real wood veneer and aluminum extrusions. The elegant design is highlighted by a gentle illumination (with on/off switch) from within the center of each tower- complimenting the groundbreaking performance technology within the V speaker system. The latest speaker in the Handcrafted Master's Series, the Legacy V ushers in the new benchmark in speaker systems.
- Application:DSP Based ultra-dynamic system with unprecedented room adaptability
- System Type:8 driver system with 4 channel DSP crossover
- Tweeter:Dual 4" AMT Ribbons configured in post convergent array
- Midrange:Dual 6" curvilinear with phase plug configured in dipolar array
- Midwoofer:Dual 14" Carbon/pulp, neodymium motor, cast frame, dipolar pattern
- Bass:12" Aluminum diaphragm, Aura neodymium motor, sealed sub-enclosure
- Subwoofer:12" Aluminum diaphragm, 480 oz motor structure, cast frame, 3" dual 4 layer voice coil
- Passive Radiator:(3) 10" Mass loaded pneumatic
- Low Frequency Alignment:Compound B6, B2 handing up to dipole
- Inputs:2 pair binding posts for Midbass and Upper Range, 2 XLR balanced for Sub & Bass
- Internal Amplification:ICE powered Subwoofer 1000w, Bass 500w
- Recommended Amplification:2 external channels of 30w or greater required. Sub & Bass sections are driven with a total of 1500w of internal Power
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB):16Hz -30kHz
- Impedance:4 ohm upper range/ 10k Amp Input
- Sensitivity:98 dB (2.83 Volts@1m)
- Crossover:80 Hz, 400 Hz, 3kHz
- Cabinet Dimensions: HxWxD (inches)::72 x 18.75 x 19
- Weight (each):226 Ibs
- Shipping Weight (each):357 Ibs
- Two pairs of Stereo balanced inputs on XLR connectors. Input sensitivity without attenuation 0 dBFS*1 = 1 dBV*2, input impedance 20 kOhm.
- Two pairs of Stereo unbalanced inputs on RCA connectors.
- Input sensitivity without attenuation 0 dBFS*1 = 1 dBV*2
- Input impedance 100 kOhm.
- Analog attenuation available in three steps of -3 dB, -6 dB and -12 dB for an input sensitivity of respectively 0 dBFS = 4 dBV, 7 dBV or 12dBV.
- One XLR Measurement microphone input, 48 Vdc Phantom power.
- Asynchronous USB audio, 24 bit, 44.1 – 96 kHz, PCM up to 352.8 kHz.
- SPDIF, 24 bit, 44.1-96kHz
- TosLink, 24 bit, 44.1-96kHz
- DSP: Analog Devices, internal processing sample rate 96kHz, bit depth 56 bits
- 8 balanced output channels on 8 XLR connectors. 0 dBFS*1 = 8 dBV*2 , 33 Ohm output impedance.
- An analog output level increase of 6 dB is available through internal jumpers offering 0 dBFS = 14 dBV
- 8 unbalanced output channels on 8 RCA connectors. 0 dBFS*1 = 8 dBV*2, 33 Ohm output impedance.
- Ethernet, TP-Cable & WLAN Processing DSP
- Physical Dimensions 445 mm W x 301 mm D x 95 mm H / 17.52” W x 11.85” D x 3.74 H Weight 6.1 kg / 13.5 lbs
- The Legacy Wavelet assures that all frequencies arrive with perfect timing and decay naturally, without lingering.